Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Pace Prints

Kenneth Noland, Days and Nights, 2008


Francesco Clemente, Self-Portrait with Lemon Heart, 2008

So I found the solution to my original/print conundrum from yesterday. Signed prints. They actually retain a value of their own, as they are approved and signed by the artists--and they are bought and sold like original paintings and photographs. Pace Prints on East 57th Street is one of the best. It offers original lithographs, etchings, aquatints, screenprints, etc. from a great mix of artists from the 15th century to today. I found these Kenneth Noland and Francesco Clemente prints on their website, but I'm going to check out the store tomorrow... they have locations in both Midtown and Chelsea. I wonder what the going rate is for a limited edition Ken Noland. My guess is $10K. How far off can I be?

No comments:

Post a Comment